I suggest you ...

show reason for not selecting a panorama in published page.

It seems like the bulk of panoramas which are not selected are for a few common reasons, though it's not always clear to a photographer which one the reviewers feel caused it. IT would be great if when they review a pano they could just choose from a list of common reasons (e.g. nadir, blend errors, too dark) and then when the user looks at their published panos list they could see that in the status field. It could be as simple as "360cities Status: Not Selected (nadir)".

Of course there will be tricky situations which might require more explanation, and the existing mechanisms for that seem to be in place and functional (i.e. the forums), so you might also have a "360cities Status: Not Selected (other)" where the "other" part was a link to the forums to ask questions.

I realize this could be a schema change to the database and so backward compatibility is paramount, but if all the non-selected panos just showed the other reason it shouldn't be a meaningful change to the users, and should also be fully forward compatible with a non-boolean status. It will probably also help speed up the reviewers forum process if when someone is confused as to why a pano wasn't selected, the link posted a new topic directly with the offending pano referenced.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Sarrett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminElena Martínez (Admin, 360Cities) responded  · 

Hello James,

Now, photographers can contact us to know why they panoramas have been not selected. This text below is now displayed on the Help Guide and Dashboard > Published panoramas:

If your panorama was not selected and you would like to know why not, you can obtain more information via 360Cities Forum or via email review[AT]360cities.net. Please, include the url of your panorama in your message.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!!

Best regards,
Elena

Hello James,

We review each panorama manually, so give a reason to each rejected panorama will take us lots of time.

We will provide a way for photographers to request us to provide reasons for rejecting specific panos if they request it.

Best regards,
Elena

0 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base