General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Select good photographs!

I really must say this, but most of all the panos put on 360cities are trash. They have overexposed lights ore drowned shadows with no structures within or are taken on an uninteresting place in the middle of nowhere. You ought to contact a professional photographer to teach you the difference between the good and the bad ones, because it is obvious, you are unable to see this. So select the good ones and show them in a way they deserve!

A hint: A fee paid monthly does NOT make the difference between a good and a lousy photographer! Your…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello Patricia,

Thanks for your message.

All panoramas published on 360Cities are manually reviewed to ensure they meet the 360Cities requirements: https://www.360cities.net/help/uploaded-panorama-requirements

Also, excepcional panoramas are selected as Editors’ Picks and featured on a gallery > https://www.360cities.net/search/@tags-editorspicks

Regarding contributors, there are 3 types or contributors regarding the quality of their work > the ones with no badge, and the ones who have an Expert status or a Maestro status: https://www.360cities.net/help/maestro-expert-members

Of course, if you see any image that doesn’t meet the 360Cities requirements, feel free to contact us. We’d love to re-review the panorama and unselect it if it’s not good enough.

Best regards,
    Elena

2. You could to put a template(size,Tilt,Roll)

You could to put a template(size,Tilt,Roll) which allowing us to correct his panoramas so that he can be accepted on the site 360Cities. It shall avoid uploader several times and to see them refused... it will save time
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Not Uploading

Why my photos dont uploading more? I send by celular, email, its sending correct, but here in Pending, Unpublished, Published, etc... is not there.
    Why? please!
    Thanks friends

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue. We are aware of it. We’ll let you know when this issue is fixed or when a new version of the app is launched.

Best regards,
    Elena

6. mobile app: import image from camera roll (photo already taken with a 360 camera)

I have a Theta S 360 camera and wifi the pics to my mobile phone. I can load these into google street view (their app has an option to import images from camera roll, same several other 360 apps).. best wishes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Phillip,

Theta panoramas don’t meet the 360Cities requirements (6000×3000 px), that’s why we won’t implement your suggestion at the moment.
    You can still upload your Theta images to 360cities.net.

Best regards,
    Elena

7. Making links to pages consistent in 360cities.net

Hello, when I want to look at my 'Your account' page it's accessed via the 'settings' link in the drop-down menu on my username, this is somewhat confusing, especially when trying to find my 'your account' page as a new user. Both the link and the page should be similarly named.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Martin,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We have checked the url and although they are different urls they are not very confusing. We keep your suggestion in mind for future changes on our site.

Best regards,
    Elena

8. enable to add sound to a panorama

I perceive full sphere panorama as a form of providing an experience of the place. I can greatly capture the look but I'm missing the sound. I own Zoom recorder so it would be easy to capture e.g. one minute loop for the pano. Definitely not suitable for every shooter nor every panorama, but very useful in providing more solid experience furthermore thinking of VR. ;)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marek,

We agree that the sound feature can be interesting, specifically directional sound. We are considering supporting directional sound in the future as it is really compelling in a VR environment. We are declining your idea right now as we have many other things on our plate relating to monetizing our contributors’ content for them via 360Cities and Getty Images as that has proven to be highly appreciated by our community.

Best regards,
    Elena

9. Oculus Gear VR viewing of 360cities panos

I was very pleased to see that the default for 360 photos in Gear VR is 360Cities.com with an awesome splash screen from Arroz Mariscos welcoming us to the panos. I have one feature request and one question:

1. It would be awesome if we could insert hotspots into our panos and create a tour viewable in Gear VR.

2. Is there a way to have the statistics tell us how many views we are getting in Gear VR ? I clicked a few in the last 3 days and my counter still says 0 views.

Thanks much !
    Nick

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nick,

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

1. Creating hotspots to link panoramas for virtual tours is a good idea and something we will suggest to Oculus as it is their app on the Gear VR and Rift.

2. We will discuss with Oculus whether this feature might be possible in the future.

Best regards,

Elena

10. Please have preview thumbnails according to viewpoint setting

Posting to Facebook and Google Plus, I have noticed that the thumbnails show the center of the image and not the Viewpoint set by use of the editor.
    This is the same with thumbnails in the contributor part of 360Cities. I would prefer Viewpoint thumbnails here as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Have viewer display/project correctly a pano that is neither a cylinder nor a full sphere

I imagine that the viewer technology has access to the number of pixels horizontaly, then it knows how many pixels high it can use in the viewport, thus showing the pano without distortion. Then of course it should be possible to tilt navigate the pano.

E.g. https://www.360cities.net/image/cuba-la-habana-plaza-de-la-catedral-ps2b
    This pano consists of a horizontal capture ring and an upper capture ring. It has been stitched with Microsoft ICE with a spherical projection. So, it is neither cylindrical, nor full spherical. As one can see projection is distorted. I feel this is an issue of the viewer technology.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Joscelin,

Your panorama is considered a cylindrical panorama. Spherical panoramas have to have 2:1 ratio.

The panorama seems to be distorted because its horizon is not on the middle of the image. So that makes it is not level.

Regards,
    Elena

13. Allow url's in annotations

These enable a jump to a Wikipedia article, a YouTube video clip and so on.
    Refer Highlight implementation in Photosynth 2 Preview.
    https://photosynth.net/preview/view/9f1146b7-5a78-4f2d-9451-e478c54eac51

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for non unique titles

Why need titles to be unique? If multiple panos exist at the same place with the same subject, then it should be possible to have the same name. It is of no interest to the viewer to qualify a title in whatever form. A title should describe place and what is to be seen, nothing else.
    E.g. I have panos on the same square, but in different positions.
    Of course url needs to be unique.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Joscelin,

If you have several panoramas created on the same square but in different positions, you can add to your title a short description saying where the image was taken.

15. New Windows Universal Platform app

For all form factors and please do not forget landscape view for tablets and phones, as your current Windows Phone app does not rotate to landscape on my Lumia 1520 with Windows 10.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Link/embed in Microsoft Sway

Please work with Microsoft to support this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 360 / spherical camera support

E.g. Giroptic 360Cam, Samsung, GoPro and more will launch this year. I bet there are plenty of ways to think of to profit from it. I.e. to grow 360cities at least.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Revamp your website

Sorry to say, but it has a rather bare bones user experience for contributors.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why IOS APP din't Update?

View any panorama on your website in Google Cardboard. Here's how: https://www.360cities.net/help/panoramas-in-virtual-reality

But,With the instriction offered I was able to fullscreen in PC by clicking the rightbutton, but I can't do it the same way on iPhone6 by touching the image when browsing it on safari or chorme.
    To solve the probem I bought APP from APPLESTORE named 360cities, on which images may diaplay fullscreen,but any VR icon or Gyro icon didn't show.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Pengwebber,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are already working on solving it.

Regarding the iOS app it doesn’t have the VR feature.

I’ll be back to you as soon the issue is fixed.

Regards,
    Elena

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base